Thursday, January 3, 2013

a mile a day challenge.


I started running in October of 2011. I wanted to pull a Charlotte from Sex and the City and run through my whole pregnancy but being that I'm not naturally a runner that did not happen. I fully intended on taking running back up after Soren was born, even bought a sweet double jogger to cruise around the neighborhood with. Who knew I'd birth a baby who strongly despises the car seat and stroller? I see a possible motion sickness issue in my future. Any who I came across this challenge back in November. I thought to myself, how realistic, how challenging, how fun! Too bad I can't take part. Well in Elise's reflections on the challenge she said, "If you would like to start now, I say GO FOR IT. Set a time period and just. start. moving." So I did! And that brings me to now, a mile a day until PCS day. For you non military folk that's just a fancy acronym for when we move. I'm attempting to run 15 miles spread out over 15 days. Not so much a physical challenge, which I was pleased to learn, but a mental one.

So I invite you to join in on the challenge! Set a small goal for yourself like did and make it happen.

side note: I ran two miles on day one to make up for starting a day late.

No comments:

Post a Comment