Saturday, September 29, 2012

Frugal Friday: Halloween Wreath

Busy, busy day yesterday but better late than never right??
Last year I sought out to make a cheap version of those fabric wreaths you see everywhere. This one is almost free!
I used a metal hanger and formed it into a circle. It doesn't have to be perfect.
Then I took a new black trash bag & cut it into strips.
Tie the strips in groups of 4-5 depending on the thickness of the bag.
Once the whole hanger is covered start fluffing the strips by pull them in opposite directions. 

Embellish it how ever you like! Fake web, spiders of any size, letter spelling out spooky are just some ideas.
I made this for under $5 and it has lasted two Halloweens so far..

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this! Posted it on my blog today!
    http://notsoaveragemomma.blogspot.com/2012/10/nifty-thrifty-friday-halloween-wreathe.html

    ReplyDelete