Monday, September 10, 2012

Manic Mondays

Mondays are always rough for Enolah as she adjusts to Sam being back at work. She is one serious Daddy's girl!! Today started off with a fit when I opened her door instead of Sam. Another fit when after yelling for Daddy, checking both our room and downstairs for him, I told her he was at work. Yet another fit when I refused to carry all of her blankets and stuffed animals from her bed down to her playroom (something Daddy always does for her). All before 9 am.

So little over a month ago I implemented "No Nap Mondays" because I was tired of fighting her to take a nap when she was already in a nasty mood to begin with. Instead I try to keep her very busy and happy and let her fall asleep whenever she does or doesn't. It's been working really well, Tuesday comes and we are back to our regularly scheduled program. Today's activities consisted of an art project, playdate and learning to use the potty.

For those who don't know Sam will be leaving in 3 weeks to attend Marine Corps. Drill Instructor School in Parris Island, SC for 11 weeks. I'm almost certain Enolah will be a mess so I've planned a handful of things to help her understand and cope while he's gone. Today we worked on one and two countdowns I decided to do.

Yes, I gave my two year old scissors and no, there were no casualties.  

          
Now about that potty. We are doing what's referred to as potty learning. I just haven't been very proactive about it. I decided today was a good day to get serious. She has complete understanding of what the potty is, when she needs to go & was even asking to use it fairly frequently a few months back but then lost complete interest. I knew getting her out of diapers and into big girl panties was going to be 1) messy, good thing we have hard wood floors and "leather" couches! 2) time consuming and 3) require that we spend full days inside. Today we were diaper free from when she woke up until 3pm when she started looking tired and I anticipated she would pass out soon. I put the potty in her playroom and asked her periodically to sit there and try to pee (God forbid I set her down on it myself). She had just one "accident" that I think was a result of her not getting it all out in one sitting. I hope to do this all week, more on how it all goes later!
Potty learning, playing with friends and missing Daddy is tiring work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment