Friday, September 14, 2012

Frugal Friday: The picture frame collage

You've all seen 'em and we all love 'em! I've wanted one for years now. The picture frame collage.

Some are more uniform like this one from my friends blog.

And some are just empty frames and mirrors like this one.

I think what held me back from creating one of these was cost and availability. I knew I couldn't go out and buy a dozen uniform frames from Ikea and make one. I also knew finding eclectic vintage frames out in thrift stores was going to be difficult, if not impossible, considering this is such a huge trend right now. So I decided to play around with what I already had decorating the house and created this!


Sure it's not as design savvy as the ones above but it was free and free is my favorite. The pre-made collage frames were a steal at $9 a piece from Walmart. The large mirror was $5 from a garage sale, the small mirror was $1 from the Dollar Tree, The "L" and smaller decorative frames were all from Big Lots. 

I bet you have enough frames and decorations hanging around your house to create one of these yourself! I'll have to wait until after the move to get mine on the wall (per the Mr.'s request). 

No comments:

Post a Comment