Friday, September 21, 2012

Frugal Friday: the knot headband


I was up with Soren this morning who was having trouble going back to sleep. I've caught a bug and I'm almost certain he has a little bit if it two. Being a sick mom is the worst!! Any who I decided to watch last nights episode of Glee and dance him back to sleep. If you don't watch the show you're missing out! If you do, don't you love the new characters?! Marley is the new Rachel Berry for sure and I am loving her style. She rocks a knotted headband of sorts and I decided I needed to make one.

I headed over to pinterest and searched knot headband. Several pins came up but I clicked on this tutorial. The video is so helpful!

I used one of the many shirts we have in a pile to go to Goodwill and just cut strips starting at the hem. I decided to braid my strips, reffered to as "t-shirt yarn" in the above tut and used a small hair tie to hold the ends together.
The finished product.

For fun I searched "knot headband" on etsy and found a similar headband to get an idea of how much I saved making one myself!

One t-shirt makes a lot of "yarn" so I whipped up this one too, it's just one long strip crisscrossed at the top. 

2 comments: