Thursday, September 13, 2012

Best banana bread ever.

It's the best because it's easy and delicious.

If you know me then you know I can NOT bake. My baking casualties include but are not limited to, forgetting a cup of flour in a brownie recipe, putting a tablespoon instead of a teaspoon of salt in chocolate chip cookies and turning a recipe for chewy peanut butter cookies rock solid.

That being said I love banana bread and last year a good friend gave me the simplest recipe, I haven't screwed it up yet! 

Ingredients:

1 cup of sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup butter
1 egg
3 mashed bananas
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda in 1 tbs water

Cream butter and sugar. Add beaten egg, bananas, vanilla and flour. Add baking soda and water last.
Cook in a greased pan at 350 degrees for 50 mins.


I try to cook with Enolah regularly. Yes she is only two and she's not learning much yet, it's mostly just fun for her but it forces me exercise my patience. Hopefully all of these cooking sessions will allow me to be a patient an understanding mom when she hits the crazy teenage years!! 


 She hardly even eats the bread but like all kids, will destroy the spoon and bowl! Luckily she doesn't have to fight her brother for them yet. 






3 comments:

  1. Love it! I let Aidan help stir things when I'm cooking. He loves to help & says "Mommy I help!"

    ReplyDelete