Saturday, September 8, 2012

Going under the needle: part 1 of 3

You may have seen the teaser of my newest tattoo I posted on instagram. If you missed it here it is again. 


I had wanted to get my tattoo for baby Soren while Sam was still here so that he could see it in person. We both love the tattoos we got for Enolah but knew we wouldn't go back to the same girl because 1) She moved and 2) We found noticeable (to us) errors in our pieces and knew we could get better! So I started asking around. Several people had been raving about Jack Brown's Tattoo Revival and a friend of mine even got a beautiful full quarter sleeve done there, check out her journey on her blog. 

I went in with an idea, as I prefer to let the artist do their artistic thing and booked three appointments to get it all done. So today we dropped on Enolah to play with a friend and headed down to Fredericksburg. I was so excited to finally see my idea come to life. Sam handled the baby (extremely well for being a boob loving newborn) while I sat for my first session. Took about 3 hours and the pain was almost non existent which was a pleasant surprise.  

Here is the existing product. I love it and I'm so excited that it's only going to get better!

The bird is a bluejay for our little Soren Jay. 

Stay tuned for sessions two and three. 






1 comment: